Lambeth Local Authority on Outreach
Our Lambeth school and college base and Local Authority support comes in the form of the ‘Lambeth Policy Statement on Special Educational Needs and Disability (Revised march 2016)’. This outlines several principles which support the delivery of all provisions for SEND. We feel the below principles directly reflect the need for outreach and inform our practice to deliver a holistic and quality package of education to each and every one of our students.
- All children and young people are entitled to an education that enables them to develop to their full potential.
- Lambeth’s policy on inclusion is central to all aspects of SEND provision, from the identification of needs through to the education provision itself.
- Lambeth remains committed to maintaining a diversity of provision to meet a wide range of special educational needs in the most appropriate setting.
- Lambeth will engender a sense of community and belonging through its inclusion ethos by pursuing a strategy that removes barriers to learning in order for all children and young people to achieve their individual potential by encouraging all sections of the community using a multi-agency approach.
- All provision should be sufficiently flexible to meet the needs of individual children and young people.